Matlab Connection Error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matlab Connection Error
Matlab is not finding the Pulse Pal. It is connected, as Windows is finding the pulse pal listed as 'Arduino Due Programming Port (COM4)', and the drivers are installed. Even when I point it to 'PulsePal('COM4')', I still get an error message, which comes up as:

Warning: Unsuccessful read: The specified amount of data was not returned within the Timeout period.. 
Error using PulsePalSerialInterface (line 163)
Error: could not find your Pulse Pal device. Please make sure it is connected and drivers are installed.

Error in PulsePalSerialInterface (line 163)
                    error('Error: could not find your Pulse Pal device. Please make sure it is connected and
                    drivers are installed.');

Error in PulsePal (line 97)
            PulsePalSerialInterface('init', varargin{1});

I am using Matlab R2016b and Windows 7. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks!
Hi Rachel

You should be connected to the Native USB port of Arduino Due (on the left). Windows is seeing the Programming Port (the USB port on the right). Are you connected to the native port?
(07-07-2017, 01:42 AM)Josh Wrote: Hi Rachel

You should be connected to the Native USB port of Arduino Due (on the left). Windows is seeing the Programming Port (the USB port on the right). Are you connected to the native port?

Hi Josh,

Yes, when connected to the native port I get the same error message. Does this mean there is probably a problem in the hardware?
Hi Rachel

If Windows is listing Pulse Pal as "Arduino Due Programming Port ('COM4')" even when the board is plugged into the native port, there is a problem with how the drivers are installed.

From the Windows start menu, type "device manager" into the search bar, and select the top item.
In the device manager, there should be a category "Ports (COM & LPT)". If you expand the category, you should see "Arduino Due Native USB Port ('COMx'). If you see it listed as a programming port, try the following:

-Right-click the "Arduino Due Programming Port" and select "Uninstall". Select the checkbox that says "Delete driver software for this device". 
-Unplug Pulse Pal
-Plug it back in. Windows will give you an option to search for a driver. Choose the option to find its folder manually.
-Select /Pulse Pal/Drivers/Pulse Pal_2_X/

Please let me know if this doesn't work!