Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs when using additional digital inputs
Hi Josh,

I recently met several issues when using DIO protocol coupled with Arduino and shield board connected to capacitive touch sensors. 

1. If there's a continuous capacitive touch events (DIO_Hi, DIO_lo) generated, the Bpod protocol will freeze at certain states. In this case, the timer function of each state or the global timer function no longer works.

2. Following the generated events, if there's a new running trial while those events are not saved in the last trial, the Bpod will continue reading in those events and save those in the new trial which sometimes disrupt the state transitions using those events as state transition conditions.

Do you have any advice for solving the above bugs? Look forward to your reply.

Best,
Bowey
Hi Bowey,

If you're using TrialManager, today's release of Bpod Console v1.60 may fix the issue.
If not, please send your protocol file and one example data file to support@sanworks.io and I'll try to replicate the issue here.

A few questions:
-Are you using Adafruit Metro M4 with the and the DIO firmware from here and the Bpod Arduino Shield?
-What MATLAB version, operating system and state machine model are you using?
-What capacitive touch sensor board are you using?

Thanks,
-Josh
(05-12-2020, 09:02 PM)Josh Wrote: Hi Bowey,

If you're using TrialManager, today's release of Bpod Console v1.60 may fix the issue.
If not, please send your protocol file and one example data file to support@sanworks.io and I'll try to replicate the issue here.

A few questions:
-Are you using Adafruit Metro M4 with the and the DIO firmware from here and the Bpod Arduino Shield?
-What MATLAB version, operating system and state machine model are you using?
-What capacitive touch sensor board are you using?

Thanks,
-Josh

Hi Josh,

Just an update. The above issues were solved by using the TrialManger and tuning the refractory period in the DIO firmware code. Thanks for your help!

Best,
Bowey