Fusion PCB Ordering Process

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion PCB Ordering Process
Question 
Hi I am currently in the process of assembling a set of Bpods 2.3 Valve Drivers and Rotary Encoder Boards.

I am a bit stuck on the process of ordering the PCBs from SeedStudio, the provided Part ID is not available anymore at the website, how did you guys order your PCBs?

- I got the Gerber Files from the GitHub repository, but I am not sure about the configuration on the Website

Greetings Max
(02-18-2020, 01:43 PM)Max Wrote: Hi I am currently in the process of assembling a set of Bpods 2.3 Valve Drivers and Rotary Encoder Boards.

I am a bit stuck on the process of ordering the PCBs from SeedStudio, the provided Part ID is not available anymore at the website, how did you guys order your PCBs?

- I got the Gerber Files from the GitHub repository, but I am not sure about the configuration on the Website

Greetings Max

The one thing to watch out for is the number of layers.  I know the Bpod board itself is 4 layers but when you upload the gerber file it selects 2.  You can tell the number of layers by going to the gerber viewer. .GTL is the top layer and .GBL is the bottom layer.  If there are layers in between you'll see a files like .GL2 and .GL3.  Otherwise (besides color) I believe the default settings will work.
Hi Max,

I'll echo what Chuck said - GERBERs with GL2 and GL3 are 4-layer boards, all others are 2 layer.

Seeed's default settings are OK, with the exception of Surface Finish. We recommend the HASL-lead-free option because lead is nasty stuff.
Their website can be buggy at auto-detecting the board size, so make sure the dimensions selected are larger than the board dimensions (you can check in Eagle by selecting the dimension lines). As per last time we ordered, if you re-upload the same file to Seeed, once every 3-4 times it will correctly detect the board size.

We also choose to make most boards black (though by all means, have fun with the solder mask color).

FYI if you're US based, you can also order the board from OSHPark, and the stencil from OSHStencils. You'll have faster turn time, and your PCB will be *purple*. For both, don't even bother with GERBERs - these services accept the Eagle .brd file.

-Josh
Not to get off topic but apparently OSH Park now has "night mode" which are black PCBs with copper colored wiring.  Kinda cool.  BUT for large boards with more than 2 layers like a Bpod board they are literally 10x more expensive than Seeed.
Hey thanks for the reply.

So for future reference and people who are interested:

BePod: 
- Layers = 4
- Dimensions = 99.8mm x 99.8mm

Valve Driver:
- Layers = 2
- Dimensions = 40mm x 83mm

Rotary Encoder:
- Layers = 2
- Dimensions = 50mm x 73mm