Continuous Pulse train without trigger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuous Pulse train without trigger
Hey,

I would like to generate a pulse train during 1 hour without the need of a trigger. 

I need monophasic pulses of 1 V, phase duration of 10 ms and  InterPulseInterval of 1 s. 

I'm using pyhton. Do you have any example of code for this task?

Thank you,
Joana 
Hi Joana,

If you want to start Pulse Pal and have it play your stimulus for 1 hour, set the 'PulseTrainDuration' parameter to 3600 seconds.
In Python (assuming you're stimulating with channel 1 and your Pulse Pal object is called myPulsePal) you'd use:

Code:
myPulsePal.pulseTrainDuration[0] = 3600

-Josh
(02-11-2020, 05:50 PM)Josh Wrote: Hi Joana,

If you want to start Pulse Pal and have it play your stimulus for 1 hour, set the 'PulseTrainDuration' parameter to 3600 seconds.
In Python (assuming you're stimulating with channel 1 and your Pulse Pal object is called myPulsePal) you'd use:

Code:
myPulsePal.pulseTrainDuration[0] = 3600

-Josh

Hi Josh,

I solved this problem, but when I try to use phase durations above 29 secs, it stops working, and the following error appears:
Error: Pulse Pal did not return an acknowledgement byte after a call to programOutputChannelParam.

Any idea why?

Thank you!
Hi Joana,

We're visiting another institution so unfortunately I won't be able to replicate the issue until Saturday.
In the meantime, there's one possibility that may work for you -
Can you run this code to change the parameter without calling programOutputChannelParam()?

Code:
myPulsePal.pulseTrainDuration[1] = 3600

# Add any other parameters you want to set here

myPulsePal.syncAllParams()