Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behavior Ports Output Not Working
I'm having difficulty triggering the valve Output from the Bpod console. The behavior ports register the POK and VLV inputs from the console and from the external connections but it doesn't open the valves at all. I've tried troubleshooting, updating firmware, resetting all connections but nothing seems to work.
Hi OA2381,

If you're using state machine r2, you'll need to plug in the wall adapter that came with the state machine. That adapter powers the valves. The valve circuits are isolated from the rest of the board's circuitry, which is USB powered).

If you're using state machine r1, you either have a broken board, or you're powering a valve that requires more current than the board can supply. If you're using a non-powered USB hub, try plugging the state machine directly into the PC. You can also plug in a 12V, 1.5A, positive-center DC adapter, which will supply power to the state machine.

-Josh
(02-06-2020, 05:13 PM)Josh Wrote: Hi OA2381,

If you're using state machine r2, you'll need to plug in the wall adapter that came with the state machine. That adapter powers the valves. The valve circuits are isolated from the rest of the board's circuitry, which is USB powered).

If you're using state machine r1, you either have a broken board, or you're powering a valve that requires more current than the board can supply. If you're using a non-powered USB hub, try plugging the state machine directly into the PC. You can also plug in a 12V, 1.5A, positive-center DC adapter, which will supply power to the state machine.

-Josh

Hello Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using state machine r1 powered directly by the PC and the valve previously didn't require any external power. The output to the valves from Bpod stopped working after about a month of non-usage. 
Could it be a software issue at all? Or does it have something to do with the r1 circuit board? I've tried replacing the connective wires to one of the valves as well but to no success. 

-OA2381
Hi OA2381,

It's possible that something failed on the circuit board.
If you'd like to turn it in for repairs, please follow up with support@sanworks.io

-Josh