Events for ports > 3 not registered on BPOD 0.7

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events for ports > 3 not registered on BPOD 0.7
Hi Josh,

after leaving my 3 port testing phase and upgrading my scripts and hardware to the full BPOD .7 8-port capacity, I had to realize that no Port events are registered for ports larger than 3.

I am running the latest Arduino sketch from the v22 branch of the repo (0_789). BPOD software is on latest master as well.

I can use the manual override to switch LEDs and valves connected to ports 4-8. However, as soon as I am running a protocol no poke events are detected on 4-8 - neither by override nor by actually poking. Same ports run without problems on lines 1-3. I tested this with my own scripts and also yours (e.g. the Light2AFC example, changing all Port keys to 4-6). Also without changing any of your code, manual override pokes are registered during running protocols in the Live Info panel for ports 1-3 but not 4-8.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,
Tobias
Hi Tobias,

From the Bpod Console, click the wrench icon (for settings) and then the port icon. Any ports you added to the system should be enabled here. It's important to un-select ports that are not connected to a port interface board, as they are floating input channels and can generate spurious events.

-Josh
(02-16-2019, 08:12 AM)Josh Wrote: Hi Tobias,

From the Bpod Console, click the wrench icon (for settings) and then the port icon. Any ports you added to the system should be enabled here. It's important to un-select ports that are not connected to a port interface board, as they are floating input channels and can generate spurious events.

-Josh
Ah - ok. This was easy. Thanks a lot!

T