Bpod devices not found

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bpod devices not found
I just successfully completed the installation of the Bpod software from the repository https://github.com/sanworks/Bpod_Gen2 on my computer (we're using Bpod 0.7 on windows 10). However when I plug the Bpod devices and try to run it, it says "Bpod device not found". I've tried it with two different devices and none of them work.
The error I get is: 

'Error using BpodObject/Connect2BpodSM (line 106)

Error: Could not find Bpod device.
    Tried USB serial port(s): COM3
    Try calling Bpod with a serial port argument, i.e. Bpod('COM3')'

Error: Bpod device not found.

The device manager on my computer shows a 'USB serial device (COM3)' under Ports, so I tried Bpod('COM3') but it just gives a different error which says the serial port is returning 0 bytes.
Does anybody have an idea of how to fix this?

Thank you!
Hi Veronica,

If you power-cycle the state machine (unplug the USB cable and re-plug it), restart MATLAB and try Bpod('COM3') again, does it work?

-Josh
Hi Josh,

No, it does not work.
Hi everyone, 

I have exactly the same error. My bpod worked yesterday but, being new on the project and totally unfamiliar with the system I tried to update softwares and firmwares to try to understand the system and it stopped working at some point. Now I'm trying to go back to what I had before I started working on it but it still doesn't work... 

Do you have any idea of what the problem might be? 

Thank you for your help! 

Flore
(02-13-2019, 09:22 AM)FloreB Wrote: Hi everyone, 

I have exactly the same error. My bpod worked yesterday but, being new on the project and totally unfamiliar with the system I tried to update softwares and firmwares to try to understand the system and it stopped working at some point. Now I'm trying to go back to what I had before I started working on it but it still doesn't work... 

Do you have any idea of what the problem might be? 

Thank you for your help! 

Flore

Hi again, 

I finally found the solution: I had updated firmwares of the analog output module on the bpod state machine (not in purpose of course, I had not unplugged the state machine while trying to update the analog output's firmwares on the module). 

I hope you will fin your error Veronica!

Flore
This is a known issue with Teensyduino, prior to the latest version - when multiple Teensy boards are connected, the incorrect target board can be programmed instead of the one selected in the Arduino 'Ports' menu.

The solution is to upgrade Arduino and Teensyduino to the latest versions.

I hope this helps,
-Josh