Connection problems - modules

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection problems - modules
Hi All,

I'm repeatedly having this problem with multiple modules when creating an object. For example when I type this:
A2D = BpodAnalogIn(BpodSystem.ModuleUSB.AnalogIn1); 
OR
A2D = BpodAnalogIn('COM6')

I get:
"Error using ArCOMObject_Bpod/read (line 348)
Error: The serial port returned 0 bytes."

The same problem appears with a Analog Output module and a Valve Driver Module. Each module is paired to a COM port, and they do show up in BpodSystem.ModulesUSB. 

Is it possible that these problems are due to using a USB hub? The State machine is directly connected to a computer USB port, but the other modules are connected via a USB hub. I could get an empirical answer by connecting each module directly to the USB ports on the PC - and I will - but it would be nice to know if anyone has used a hub successfully, or whether I should just plan on not using using a USB hub.

Thanks,
Avinash

(12-24-2018, 11:03 PM)BrainScientist Wrote: Update: All modules now connected to state machine and USB ports on PC. There is some improvement, because 2 modules seem to work - Analog Out and one Valve Module are OK...but Analog In and a second Valve Module still give me an error:

"Error using ArCOMObject_Bpod/read (line 348)
Error: The serial port returned 0 bytes."

The error for each module is:
Error in ValveDriverModule (line 36)
            response = obj.Port.read(1, 'uint8');"

Error in BpodAnalogIn (line 78)
            HandShakeOkByte = obj.Port.read(1, 'uint8');

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, 
Avinash 
Hi Avinash,

We'll follow up by Email and schedule a remote desktop session to troubleshoot. 

-Josh