About Global timer

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
About Global timer
Hi Josh, 
I have a question about the bpod code. I made a code for the 'fixed ratio 5' that animal has to poke in 5 times to get the reward. And we have 9 bpod boxes now and in the most of boxes, code worked. But 2 of them, didn't go further step they trapped in the infinite loop and never getting out. 
I attached my task result file ('FakeSubject_Z_RR5T_20180713_112249.mat') and protocol file.
The animal has to make choice to get the reward from the center port.  In a choice period, the animal has to poke in left or right port 5 times. But when you open the result file, especially last trial (50th trial) they had 36~37 Port1In, but it hasnt' proceed to the next step. 
Do you think why this is happening? 

I'll leave this question on the website too. (To share with other users)

Thanks
Kyuhyun. 

Attached Files
.m   Z_RR5T.m (Size: 17.48 KB / Downloads: 3)
(07-16-2018, 06:00 PM)Kyuhyun Wrote: Hi Josh, 
I have a question about the bpod code. I made a code for the 'fixed ratio 5' that animal has to poke in 5 times to get the reward. And we have 9 bpod boxes now and in the most of boxes, code worked. But 2 of them, didn't go further step they trapped in the infinite loop and never getting out. 
I attached my task result file ('FakeSubject_Z_RR5T_20180713_112249.mat') and protocol file.
The animal has to make choice to get the reward from the center port.  In a choice period, the animal has to poke in left or right port 5 times. But when you open the result file, especially last trial (50th trial) they had 36~37 Port1In, but it hasnt' proceed to the next step. 
Do you think why this is happening? 

I'll leave this question on the website too. (To share with other users)

Thanks
Kyuhyun. 

Did you ever figure this out?
I'm pretty sure it is because the GlobalCounterEnd state is exact.

IN the ITI state, if they poke 5 times into port1, it will trigger the global counter. Then when you get to the states were the counter can trigger the end of the loop, they have already passed it. I personally think it would make more sense to have the counter test for >=