Pulse Pal Hardware installation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulse Pal Hardware installation
(02-21-2018, 03:01 AM)Josh Wrote: Hi Dymphie

You have Pulse Pal 2, so Pulse Pal 2_X  is the correct folder. It's unusual that the port did not disappear from the device manager when you unplugged it. I'm not sure what to make of that.  

It sounds like Windows XP has a driver already installed that it thinks is compatible with Pulse Pal, but actually isn't. If you right-click the device in the device manager, select "properties" and then the "driver" tab and the "driver details" button, you can see details about the driver file Windows is using. Could you please post the vendor and the path to the driver file you find there?

One option is to completely uninstall the device and move the incorrect driver file out of the C:/windows/system32/ directory. This will force Windows to try the Arduino driver, because it won't have a "better" one available. There is some risk to this - other instruments may depend on the existing driver, so remember to move the existing driver back to /system32/ when you're done.
Another option is to try the latest driver from Arduino. You can download it here (choose "zip for non-admin install"), extract the .zip and the drivers are in /arduino-x.y.z/drivers. Perhaps Windows XP will recognize the latest one as a "better" driver than the one you have.

-Josh
Hi,
so the Driver details are as follows:

C:\WINDOWS.1\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys
C:\WINDOWS.1\system32\DRIVERS\serial.sys

If I look for these files I can find them but not under system32\DRIVERS there is no ""DRIVERS only "drivers". If I try to move these two files to the desktop and delete them in the original folder, they immediately reappear. I know that sounds strange but it is so.

Different question, even though this Windows XP computer has the microscope controls on them and I did want to use only a single computer for my intrinsic imaging, will the Pulse Pal work on a Windows 8 labtop? On the WIKI Pulse Pal is mentioned only up to Win7? I have already spent too much time on this and if its the old computer that is not functioning properly I do not want to waste more time on this.

Dymphie

Messages In This Thread
Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-16-2018, 07:36 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by Josh - 02-16-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-16-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by Josh - 02-17-2018, 07:11 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-19-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by Josh - 02-19-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-19-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by Josh - 02-21-2018, 03:01 AM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-21-2018, 04:35 PM
RE: Pulse Pal Hardware installation - by dsuchan - 02-21-2018, 06:27 PM