firmware upload

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
firmware upload
Hello—

I am getting an error uploading firmware to the Rotary Encoder Module:

I have installed Teensyduino and selected Teensy 3.5 in the Arduino and made sure it is connected to an appropriate port. I have also put the required libraries "DueTimer" and "SdFat" in ~/Documents/Arduino/Libraries

The error I am receiving is:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.41, Board: "Teensy 3.5, Serial, 120 MHz, Faster, US English"

/var/folders/d4/ll0gxy5934n7djswc7632cmc0000gn/T/arduino_build_271421/sketch/ArCOM.cpp: In member function 'void ArCOM::writeByteArray(byte*, unsigned int)':
ArCOM.cpp:128: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
   for (int i = 0; i < nValues; i++) {
                     ^
/var/folders/d4/ll0gxy5934n7djswc7632cmc0000gn/T/arduino_build_271421/sketch/ArCOM.cpp: In member function 'void ArCOM::writeUint8Array(byte*, unsigned int)':
ArCOM.cpp:133: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                     ^
/var/folders/d4/ll0gxy5934n7djswc7632cmc0000gn/T/arduino_build_271421/sketch/ArCOM.cpp: In member function 'void ArCOM::writeCharArray(char*, unsigned int)':
ArCOM.cpp:138: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                     ^
/var/folders/d4/ll0gxy5934n7djswc7632cmc0000gn/T/arduino_build_271421/sketch/ArCOM.cpp: In member function 'void ArCOM::writeInt8Array(int8_t*, unsigned int)':
ArCOM.cpp:143: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                     ^
/var/folders/d4/ll0gxy5934n7djswc7632cmc0000gn/T/arduino_build_271421/sketch/ArCOM.cpp: In member function 'void ArCOM::writeInt16Array(int16_t*, unsigned int)':
ArCOM.cpp:156: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                     ^
RotaryEncoderModule:30: error: 'SdFatSdioEX' does not name a type
 SdFatSdioEX SD;
 ^
RotaryEncoderModule: In function 'void setup()':
RotaryEncoderModule:122: error: 'SD' was not declared in this scope
   SD.begin(); // Initialize microSD card
   ^
RotaryEncoderModule: In function 'void loop()':
RotaryEncoderModule:250: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
             for (int i = 0; i < nFullBufferReads; i++) { // Full buffer transfers; skipped if nFullBufferReads = 0
                               ^
RotaryEncoderModule:294: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
       for (int i = 0; i < iPositionBuffer; i++) {
                         ^
RotaryEncoderModule:302: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
       for (int i = 0; i < iPositionBuffer; i++) {
                         ^
RotaryEncoderModule:320: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                 for (int j = 0; j < iPositionBuffer; j++) {
                                   ^
RotaryEncoderModule:327: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions 
                 for (int j = 0; j < iPositionBuffer; j++) {
                                   ^
RotaryEncoderModule: In function 'byte readByteFromSource(byte)':
RotaryEncoderModule:435: warning: control reaches end of non-void function 
 }
 ^
'SdFatSdioEX' does not name a type

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Randy
Hi Randy

Looks like Arduino can't find your SDfat library.
Try this:
- Close Arduino
- Delete the SDfat library folder from /Documents/Libraries
- Download the .zip from here, rename the file to remove '-master' (so it's now SDFat.zip)
- Open Arduino
- From the toolbar, select Sketch > Include Library > Add .Zip library
- Follow the prompts to install SDFat.zip
- Upload the firmware

It's actually surprising to me that the protocol didn't error out earlier when it tried to include the library; also make sure that the third line of the firmware file is:

#include "SdFat.h"

-Josh
(01-26-2018, 07:45 PM)Josh Wrote: Hi Randy

Looks like Arduino can't find your SDfat library.
Try this:
- Close Arduino
- Delete the SDfat library folder from /Documents/Libraries
- Download the .zip from here, rename the file to remove '-master' (so it's now SDFat.zip)
- Open Arduino
- From the toolbar, select Sketch > Include Library > Add .Zip library
- Follow the prompts to install SDFat.zip
- Upload the firmware

It's actually surprising to me that the protocol didn't error out earlier when it tried to include the library; also make sure that the third line of the firmware file is:

#include "SdFat.h"

-Josh
Perfect!  All appears well.

Thank you so much.

Randy