Firmware update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware update
Hi.  I am trying to install the firmware and get #include <SdFat.h>     compilation terminated.

Thanks,
JMW
Found a SdFat folder at
  https://github.com/greiman/SdFat/archive/master.zip

put it into Arduino\library  and was able to download 295 pages onto the flash. But in MatLab R2014b I get the message that Drivers are not installed.
Help.
thanks, JMW

>> PulsePal
Searching for Pulse Pal. Please wait.
Connecting with MATLAB/Java serial interface (high latency).
Trying port COM7
Warning: Unsuccessful read: The specified amount of data was not returned within the Timeout period.. 
Error using PulsePalSerialInterface (line 163)
Error: could not find your Pulse Pal device. Please make sure it is connected and drivers are
installed.

Error in PulsePalSerialInterface (line 163)
                    error('Error: could not find your Pulse Pal device. Please make sure it is
                    connected and drivers are installed.');

Error in PulsePal (line 99)
            PulsePalSerialInterface('init');
Hello JMW

Are you on Windows, Mac or Linux? Which OS version?
Many connection problems can be solved by installing PsychToolbox. When PsychToolbox is installed, PulsePal will use its IOPort functions instead of MATLAB's slower and configuration-error-prone Java functions.
(10-28-2017, 12:43 PM)Josh Wrote: Hello JMW

Are you on Windows, Mac or Linux? Which OS version?
Many connection problems can be solved by installing PsychToolbox. When PsychToolbox is installed, PulsePal will use its IOPort functions instead of MATLAB's slower and configuration-error-prone Java functions.

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the help. I installed PsychToolbox on Windows 10 and ran MatLab R2014b and got a bit further. The PulsePal is connected to COM7 using Native USB port and the computer sees the board on COM7 but when I run "PulsePal" in MatLab it still doesn't see the port.

>> PulsePal
Searching for Pulse Pal. Please wait.
Connecting with PsychToolbox serial interface (low latency).
Trying port COM7
Error using PulsePalSerialInterface (line 198)
No valid serial port detected.

Error in PulsePalSerialInterface (line 198)
                     error('No valid serial port detected.')

Error in PulsePal (line 99)
            PulsePalSerialInterface('init');

Any suggestions?
JMW
Have you tried power-cycling Pulse Pal? To do that, use the joystick menu to navigate to "Reset", or unplug the device and plug it back in.
Also, you could try launching Pulse Pal with a serial port argument, i.e. PulsePal('COM7').
From the Win10 search bar, if you open "Device Manager" and look under the "Ports (COM & LPT)", how is the device listed? Does the port you're connecting to disappear when you unplug the device?
If you're still having trouble, we can set up a remote assistance session - write to me at support@sanworks.io.

Best,
Josh