Pulse Pal 2 Board

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulse Pal 2 Board
Hi, I sent the following files from your website to SEEED

https://github.com/sanworks/PulsePal/tre...2_0/GERBER

They sent me my boards but the C11 0.1uf pads above the 3.3V IC regulator are missing. No place to solder C11. How do I check to see if the plans that I sent from the above website are correct? I need to determine if the printing was done incorrectly or if the plans that I sent are incorrect. What program do I need the read the files? I have included a picture of the board.
Thanks for you help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello JMW,

Looks like the main branch of the repo still had an earlier revision of the board.
The latest version was here, on the beta branch, including C11.
I just pushed an even newer board design that we recently validated to the main branch, so this shouldn't be an issue in the future.

For most applications, it's not actually a problem to leave out C11; We included it to reduce visible fluctuations in the oLED display brightness, when Pulse Pal is powered from a "dirty" power supply (i.e. a cheap accessory charger). With USB power from a PC or laptop, Pulse Pal 2 PCB file v0.5 should have no problems.

-Josh
(10-18-2017, 01:41 PM)Josh Wrote: Hello JMW,

Looks like the main branch of the repo still had an earlier revision of the board.
The latest version was here, on the beta branch, including C11.
I just pushed an even newer board design that we recently validated to the main branch, so this shouldn't be an issue in the future.

For most applications, it's not actually a problem to leave out C11; We included it to reduce visible fluctuations in the oLED display brightness, when Pulse Pal is powered from a "dirty" power supply (i.e. a cheap accessory charger). With USB power from a PC or laptop, Pulse Pal 2 PCB file v0.5 should have no problems.

-Josh

Hi Josh,  Thanks for the update.  I will go ahead and use without C11. 
JMW