Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving data into csv with RotaryEncoderModule
Hi Josh,

I would like to ask if there's a way I could save the data that would have been logged into the SD card into a csv file with some lines of code in the protocol? 

This is the example protocol that I used to run the RotaryEncoderModule. https://pybpod.readthedocs.io/projects/p...ge-example And would like to have the data saved into a csv like that of the GUI. Thanks!
Hi Ali,

This is a question best fielded to the PyBpod dev team.
Technically the rotary encoder module can stream data via USB, which Python could capture and route to .csv. I'm not sure that they've implemented this ability. If you aren't already part of the PyBpod slack channel, please send a message to support@sanworks.io and I'll forward the request.

-Josh
Hi Josh,

Done so! Thank you. Moreover, I would also like to ask why isn't there data saved in the SD card with the rotaryencodermodule? Thank you!
Hi Ali,

You can log rotary encoder data to the microSD card from the control software, or from the state machine.
Using the MATLAB software, in the RotaryEncoderModule class, see the startLogging(), stopLogging() and getData() methods (documented here).
I'm not sure what has and hasn't been implemented in the latest version of PyBpod - that's a great question for the PyBpod slack channel.

-Josh