Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calibrate valvemodules
Hi,

Is there a way to calibrate valve modules and make them deliver specific amount of liquid in Bpod protocol?

Best,
Bowey
Hi Bowey,

Valves driven by the state machine's onboard valve driver can be calibrated using the liquid calibration UI. Once calibration is set up, you can get the correct valve-open time using the GetValveTimes() function. You'd then set the state timer of a state where the valve is open to equal the output of GetValveTimes().

Unfortunately, the calibration software doesn't work with valve driver modules. For those, you'd need to write a similar calibration routine. The valve calibration software source file is here. It's a lot of code, but mostly due to the UI.

-Josh
(02-16-2020, 02:30 AM)Josh Wrote: Hi Bowey,

Valves driven by the state machine's onboard valve driver can be calibrated using the liquid calibration UI. Once calibration is set up, you can get the correct valve-open time using the GetValveTimes() function. You'd then set the state timer of a state where the valve is open to equal the output of GetValveTimes().

Unfortunately, the calibration software doesn't work with valve driver modules. For those, you'd need to write a similar calibration routine. The valve calibration software source file is here. It's a lot of code, but mostly due to the UI.

-Josh
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the valve driver modules, that's very unfortunate...It's huge amounts of code. Is there a specific part of the code I need to tune for my purpose to calibrate the valve driver modules?

Best,
Bowey